Sunday (6 November) is Nacho Day, so this weekend's Six for Saturday post is filled with tasty ideas to get you into the kitchen for a celebratory feast! Plus, we haven't done a recipe round-up in ages, and I do love my food! These all look downright delicious. How will I ever choose??? Clockwise from upper left:
- The Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos (Serious Eats) This requires some serious pre-prep (or a little cheating!) for toppings, including homemade chili, refried beans, nacho sauce, roasted tomato salsa, and guacamole plus the fresh toppings, but don't they sound/look good?
- Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Chips (Honest & Tasty) Mmmm...with homemade chips too!
- Vegetarian Nachos with Creamy Cilantro Lime Drizzle (Rachel Cooks) Drizzle! And copious cheese. :)
- Loaded Nachos (Damn Delicious) Drool....just look at them! Veggie too!
- The Best Damn Vegan Nachos (Minimalist Baker) Can't. Stop. Watching. Cilantro Sprinkle...
- Loaded Vegetarian Nachos (Savory Nothings) My eyebrow is raised indeed...read it and you'll know why!
I haven't decided what we'll cook at our place yet...perhaps our "old faithfuls", perhaps one of these, perhaps a mix-and-match combo, perhaps something completely different. Do you have a favourite nacho topping combo or recipe? Share it with us...please! :)
I have to admit that nachos are a favourite guilty-pleasure at our house, and I love that they are easy to adjust for different dietary needs/preferences or tastes so I can have my veggie nachos and hubby can have whatever he wishes on his - easy peasy! Avocados are in season here as well. Guacamole anyone? Don't be too jealous, but they grow very well here in warm but wet New Zealand. I happen to have two seeds sloooooowly germinating on a window sill right at this very moment. At the rate these things grow, maybe I'll be able to amke my own guac with my own avos in around 10-20 years!
Looking for more tasty recipe inspirations? You can find a few of my recipes in our archives and we have some very delicious recipe round-up collections to help you find fun new blogs/sites to explore as well.
Looking for other creative ideas? You can try the past Six for Saturday (or Sunday) posts, searching the blog under the DIY type of your preference, or I also have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest along with stack of other creative pins. If you decide to make something fabulous or post something special this weekend, you are welcome to share here in the comments or post something over at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook. We are all about sharing so, on our page, a little bit of creative self shout-out is actively encouraged. If you have a related craft post of your own to share, you are also welcome to share a live link to your site/blog in the comments using the following format as a guide: <a href="http://www.yourlink.com">text you want shown for your link</a>