It's almost time for the opening ceremonies! Catch the spirit with these Olympic themed crafts and recipes for your creative weekend inspiration. Clockwise from upper left:
- Olympic Shirt and Torch (Kate's Creative Space via Creativity Unmasked)
- Olympic Ring Candy Jars (No Biggie)
- Light-Up Olympic Torch (CBC) Including free printable
- World Flag Printables (Mr Printables via Creativity Unmasked)
- Iced Gold Medal Cookies (Sweet Sugar Belle via Creativity Unmasked)
- Medal Cookies (BBC Good Food) These would be super cute made with clay as well!
Tiger has a little something special in his felt cat toy stash that we'll share on Monday so stay tuned for more sporty fun! The dogs are already sharing their Olympic fun and games at Dalmatian DIY, including the ideas below, and many of the how-to techniques for their Olympic inspired dog treats can be easily adapted into human recipes using the treats for inspiration on shapes and colours. We also have a growing Sporty Creativity board on Pinterest.
Looking for more creative ideas? You can try the past Six for Saturday (or Sunday) posts, searching the blog under the DIY type of your preference, or I also have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest along with stack of other creative pins. If you decide to make something fabulous or post something special this weekend, you are welcome to share here in the comments or post something over at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook. We are all about sharing so, on our page, a little bit of creative self shout-out is actively encouraged.