This week's Six for Saturday (or Sunday) theme celebrates the start of December, which is also the first day of summer here in Australia. Don't be too jealous, my northern friends, as today's forecast is a sweltering 42C plus humidity. Since December is here and the countdown to Christmas is on, while taking shelter from the hot or cold, how about whipping up a fabulous DIY advent calendar? Here are some great creative ideas, discoveries, links and likes to inspire your creativity this weekend:
- Pocket advent activity calendar (Kimberly Petersen at chefmessy). Turn your holiday DIY list into a daily dose of festive activities to enjoy.
- Printable colouring advent calendar (Alpha Mom). Perfect for creating with the kiddies and includes all of the free printable you need to make the craft. Fabulous!
- Baby sock advent calendar (Martha Stewart). Can't sew but love the cute look of a stocking advent calendar? Me too! This DIY using pre-made baby socks is perfect for you to try.
- Magnetic advent calendar (twig & thistle). I love the idea of using little metal magnetic tins for tiny treats, and this post includes a link to the gorgeous numbers used in the DIY.
- Wrapped gum advent calendar (delia creates). Quick, easy, and oh-so-pretty! You could also adapt this into a festive greeting card. Not into gum? This would work for other sweet treats as well...although right any delicious chocolates would be melting in the heat! :(
- Advent action cards (ali edwards). Do something sweet instead of eating something sweet during your countdown - both your heart and your hips will be happier for it.
Looking for creative more ideas? I have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest. If you decide to make something fabulous or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, you are welcome to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook.