This week's Six for Saturday (or Sunday) theme is all about stylish jet-setting DIY. Whether you are making a gift for a travel-bug or simply dreaming of a vacation, here are some great creative ideas, discoveries, links and likes to inspire your creativity this weekend:
- Upcycle an old globe into a DIY pendant light fixture (Apartment Therapy).
- Make a map monogram (Callaloo Soup).
- Use a map to make a custom mat a photo from your vacation or the location of a special event (Martha Stewart Weddings)
- Relive your vacation memories by creating a fabulous map scrapbook (Martha Stewart).
- Upcycle an old map into some gloriously green giftwrap or top a pretty present with a handmade map bow (How About Orange).
- Get inspired to create a gorgeous set of handcrafted map stationary (I do it Yourself) or add some fun to your every day by sticking your messages to the refrigerator with some super simple DIY map magnets (How About Orange).
Looking for creative more ideas? I have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest. If you decide to make something fabulous, create a treasury, or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, you are welcome to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook.