Hello, lovely readers! Here are some great creative ideas, discoveries, links and likes to inspire your creativity this weekend. If you decide to make something fabulous, create a treasury, or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, please feel free to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook. Looking for creative more ideas? I have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest. Have a fabulous creative weekend!
- Embellish. Make your own customised stamp with this easy foam stamp DIY from Lines Across, pick up your needle and thread and customise a tote bag link with a how-to from Poppytalk, or grab a sharpie or paint pen and make yourself a one-of-a-kind paperweight inspired by Sweet Paul.
- Freshen. Make some sweet lavender sachets with a how-to from Purl Bee (via Pinterest)
- Recycle. Martha Stewart has some great ideas for recycled crafts (including some simpler ideas of eco-kids crafting) and Country Living has a slide show of recycled craft ideas. I am looking forward to trying this cool sweater upcycle into wine bottle bags from DIY Craft projects (via Pinterest)
- Invest. Take some time this weekend to invest in your own creative dreams. Are you an Etsy Seller? If so, how about setting up your new Etsy "About" page?
- Communicate. Leave a love note for someone special as a message in a bottle from oh, hello friend or pin it to the fridge using handmade kissing clothes pin magnets from The House that Lars Built.
- Play. Make your favourite furball a treat: try baking some homemade dog biscuits, making a comfy pet pillow how-to from BHG, one of the pet craft DIYs shared at Everything Etsy, or something from the Martha Stewart pet DIYs. Don't have a pet? Download these free printable folding cats from Toxic Paper Factory (found via How About Orange) and make your own pet! :)
Olympic Ideas: The Olympic Games have finally started! All through the games I will be including some bonus ideas and links in my Saturday posts for those of you looking to create some Olympic inspired fun. Start by getting into the Olympic spirit with last week's Olympic ideas post, downloading your free printables, or baking up some sporty sweetness with courtesy of The Decorated Cookie.