The countdown to the London 2012 Olympic Games is on! You have less than a week left to get into the Olympic groove, so here are some fun ideas to get into the games mood or plan your opening ceremonies celebration:
- Create an Olympic games inspired treasury (mine is "Let the Games Begin!"), a collection inspired by your favourite sport, or patriotic treasury of home country favourites.
- Make yourself a DIY Olympic ring bracelet using the how-to from Brassy Apple or DIY Olympic ring necklace using this tutorial from Remarkably Domestic.
- Make your own Olympic T-Shirt with this how-to from Kate's Creative Space (via CraftGawker). It also shows you how to make your own Olympic torch! :) Fun for crafting at any age. If you are crafting with the kiddies, here are some additional ideas from SheKnows.
- Make your own medals! Kaboose show you how to make clay medals, Just Another day in Paradise shows you how to make medals from felt, and Silly Eagle Books shows you how to upcycle caps into medals with glitter.
- Plan a games-inspired party and prep for fun by downloading your FREE Olympics Games printables. There are over 20 pages of super cute printable downloads, including bingo, board games, playing cards, flag activities and medals.
- Snack like a champion. BBC Food has a collection of Olympic games recipes, including these awesome Olympic medal shortbread cookies (pictured below). How fun! You can use your imagination to come up with your own winning creation - Olympic coloured candy (like M&Ms or Smarties) and/or icing can be used to create rings on cakes, cookies or cupcakes; think round with donuts and circle cookies; and even fruits and veggies in the colours of the rings are full of potential.
Have a fabulous creative weekend! If you decide to make something fabulous, create a treasury, or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, please feel free to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook.