Building your brand requires more than just setting up shop. Unique selling point, sales approaches, customer relationships and other aspects of brand-presence have been discussed in previous posts, but let’s take a few minutes to think about stamping out your brand – literally. Ask yourself the following:
- How professional looking is your shop front or your market stall? Do you have a branded banner? A great avatar or profile image?
- Do you have a common style for your internet presence? Could someone readily identify the relationship between your shop, blog, Facebook and Twitter?
- How cohesive are your business materials? Do your business cards, address labels, and packaging flow together into a nice, neat, coordinated brand image?
- Do you brand your products/packaging when items go to the customer? Five months from now, will a customer be able to identify where the item came from to return to your shop or refer a friend?
- How professional is your email? Do you have a business address and signature block?
What are your favourite tips for branding and building your brand reputation? We'd love to hear your ideas and experiences, and grow together along the way.